League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Through Round Three Draft Thoughts

By catalist
12/14/2015 4:35 pm
How do you think your team has fared so far?

Re: Through Round Three Draft Thoughts

By paulwmfn
12/14/2015 6:06 pm
I am happy however I coulda used a couple positions this draft class is not strong in. It seams every class is loaded a a couple positions while being very weak at others. This one is loaded with guards, te and cover guys. Light on skill positions and d-line.

By catalist
12/15/2015 10:28 am
agreed that some positions were lacking and I was also in need of some defensive line help.

St Louis was able to add the following:

Yong Dong - a wlb in the draft but out of necessity I have moved him to mlb.

Mack Trucks - a LT with potential of 71 but I moved him to RT again out of necessity and his potential jumped to 84.

Harry Butts - a back up level corner back who I may move to safety

Bud Light - a back up level center.

Not exciting but I did fill a couple needs.

By King of Bling
12/15/2015 12:03 pm
I bought this dismal team last season and got really active with trades and FA's. We gave up some quality talent but I wanted a certain player to run our schemes so it was needed. It worked! We went from the cellar to Division champs and won our 1st rd playoff game.

Our draft was outstanding but it should have been. We had 3 - First Round picks and 4 - Second Rounders so we should have done well...I think we did.

The foundation is getting set for the long haul from this season's draft;
We picked up a FS, a pair of CB's, 2 O-Linemen, a WR who I think is a sleeper. Finally we got a really good QB well into the second round. I wasn't necessarily needing one but he was too good to pass up.

Anyway, the future looks bright in Atlanta as we will have 2 - 1sts, 2 - 2nds, and 2 - 3rds next season to further build upon. We will also free up 30 mil in dead cap from cleaning house.

Best of luck to all